We are now into Week 8 of Term 3 here in Australia, which means my end of term progress reports are knocking at my door. Despite this, I’m feeling good: it’s September so spring has sprung and we are on the downhill run to some of my favourite times of year. I also just had one of those weekends when you just get your shit together, you know? Boy, does that feel good.
- I decided to farewell winter in style with a delicious winter warmer for dinner this week. That’s not to say I won’t be eating risotto all through summer as well, because believe me, I will be.
- As mentioned above, we are approaching my absolute favourite time of the year: Christmas. One person who shares my absolute obsession (there is no other way to describe it) with the holiday is Tim Babb, comedian and host of the Can’t Wait for Christmas Podcast. What better way to spend the 25th of every month listening to Christmas facts, stories and rejoicing in the knowledge that there are other people out there as crazy as me.
- I don’t know why, but I’m trying to branch out from eating oats for breakfast every morning. I feel like maybe my tummy and my gut needs a bit of a break from them every now and again. This week, I decided to test drive Christie Swadling’s overnight bircher because I’m an avid fan of her YouTube channel and I think she’s an all round rockstar.
- On a hugely different front – I am a terrible budgeter. I do not spend my money frivolously, but do I have any idea where what I do spend goes? Absolutely not. I’ve heard great things about The Barefoot Investor for so long and finally sucked it up and borrowed it from my local library to see what all the fuss was about. I am now one inspired individual. Scott Pape makes financial information simple enough for even me to understand. Which, if you know me, is mind-blowing.
- Finally, an all-important PSA that the team at Monash wants you to know about their amazing FODMAP app.
Have a fabulous rest of the week my lovelies xx